Thursday 3 January 2013

Recipe: Best Ever Brown Rice Salad



I'm afraid I can't write this like a a proper recipe because I kind of made it up. But believe me, not only is it really good for you but it's really yummy as well. And really easy. So if you aren't a great cook it's not difficult to put together.

Basically you just cook your brown rice according to the pack instructions and then allow to chill in the fridge. Whilst you are doing this throw some veg of choice into the oven with some olive oil, garlic and seasoning. I normally do broccoli, mushrooms, courgettes and red onion (but you can add whatever veg you like). Even sweetcorn or peas (which you obviously wouldn't roast). Once the veg is cooked take it out of the oven and allow to cool.

Then all you do is mix the veg through the rice along with a nice dressing. My current fave is a nice balsamic and ginger we got from our local deli. But this also tastes fab with a tangy sweet chilli dressing.

If I am doing Meat Free Monday (my boyfriend hates Meat Free Monday by the way) then I usually do some griddled halloumi on top but it would be great with chicken or fish also.

Hope you enjoy this as much as we do!

No comments: